Opportunity closing date:
Monday 16th September 2019
The International Labour Research and Information Group (ILRIG) is an independent NGO based in Cape Town and in Johannesburg. ILRIG provides popular educational resources and information for workers’ organisations, workers’ struggles and social movements in South Africa based on research on political economy, community struggles, feminism and international politics. ILRIG seeks to generate alternative perspectives to that of neo-liberal capitalism
Applications are invited from individuals,
· Who are committed to and have been involved in struggles for social justice,
· Capable of undertaking quality research and conducting popular education workshops,
· Can work collaboratively and contribute to critical thought.
· Applicants should have experience in working with workers and community activists,
· As well as more general knowledge of developments and struggles within social/community movements in South Africa, and elsewhere.
Women are specifically encouraged to apply and will be given preference.
The position is Johannesburg based.
The remuneration is an annual salary of R 262 212 before tax. Over and above this, staff are provided with medical aid and a provident fund.
Telephone 021 4476375 and send application letters, letters of motivation, CVs and 3 contactable work-related references to
For more about the International Labour Research and Information Group, refer to
If you have not been contacted within 1 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful