The International Labour Research and Information Group (ILRIG) is an NGO based in Cape Town and in Johannesburg. ILRIG provides popular educational resources for workers’ organisations, workers’ struggles, community organisations and social movements in South and Southern Africa based on research on political economy, social movements and international politics. ILRIG seeks to generate alternative perspectives to that of neo-liberal capitalism.
ILRIG seeks to appoint a Researcher Educator based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Applications are invited from individuals,
- who has good research, popular education and writing skills
- with a demonstrated commitment to social justice, and the struggle for a different society and world
- capable of undertaking quality research, developing a range of educational materials and conducting popular education workshops as well as other related events,
- who can work collaboratively and contribute to critical thought,
- are willing to work on weekends/outside normal hours if necessary
- who have experience working with workers and community members /organisations,
- who possess general knowledge of developments and struggles within the labour movement and working class/poor communities in South Africa, and elsewhere.
- Experience in fund raising would also be an advantage
Black women are specifically encouraged to apply. The remuneration is an annual salary of R 336 312.00 before tax. Over and above this, staff are provided with medical aid and a provident fund.
For any queries, contact us at (021) 447 6375. All of the above documents must be received by no later than 10 January 2023. Any application received after this date will not be considered. If you have not been contacted within 2 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Find out more about ILRIG’s work on our website at www.ilrigsa.org.za.