- David A McDonald (2002), ‘The Theory and Practice of Cost Recovery in South Africa’ in Cost Recovery and the Crisis of Service Delivery in South Africa, edited by David A. McDonald and John
- Pape (Cape Town: HSRC Press)
- Dale T. McKinley (2009), ‘The “other” working class’, Paper presented at ‘Comprehending Class’ Conference, Johannesburg, 23-26 June
- Michelle Taal, Saliem Patel, Trenton Elsley (2012), ‘A Mineworker’s Wage: The only argument against the R12 500 is greed’, Report by Labour Research Service (28 August)
- Stephen Greenberg (2003), ‘Redistribution and access in a market-driven economy’, in Land Reform in South Africa, Development Update, Vol. 4, No. 2 (July)
- The Municipal Systems Act allows local authorities to ‘seize property’ for non-payment for services. How has this been implemented?
- How has the composition of the ‘working class’ changed in South Africa over the last 20 years and who/what constitutes the ‘other working class’?
- What did the struggle of workers at Marikana tell us about wage inequality in South Africa and the attitudes of the rich/bosses?
- What do you think are the main reasons for there being so little redistribution of land despite minority ownership of land being at the centre of the apartheid system?