- Heribert Adam, Frederick van Zyl Slabbert and Kogila Moodley (1997), ‘Where is the struggle now?’ in Comrades in Business: Post-Liberation Politics in South Africa (Cape Town: Tafelberg)
- Thabo Mbeki (1999), ‘Address by President Thabo Mbeki at the SA-USA Business and Finance Forum’, Roosevelt Hotel, New York, 23 September
- Dale T. McKinley (2001), ‘A South African ‘Third Way’ for Labour? Illusions and Realities’, South African Labour Bulletin (April)
- Dale T. McKinley (2011), ‘Capitalism with a Black Face: BEE and the ANC’, Presentation to ILRIG Conference on: South Africa Today – How do we characterise the Social Formation? Cape Town (29 April)
- Who are your moral/ethical role models in South Africa today? Explain your choices.
- How should a country like South Africa go about creating jobs (and what kind of jobs) that do not rely on capitalists?
- Do you think a consensus can and should be reached between labour (workers) and capital (the bosses) on the way forward for South Africa? Explain your answer.
- Do you feel as though class is a more significant issue than race in present-day South Africa? Make an argument either way.